Who are Virgin Media?
Virgin Media was founded in 2006 following the merger of Telewest and NTL the two companies that supplied cable TV, broadband and landline telephone services in the UK. Within just a few months, they were joined in the merger by Virgin Mobile, completing the company’s ‘quadruple-play’ offering. Today, Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global plc, who are the world’s largest cable company, serving over 24 million customers in 14 countries.
Virgin Media’s Services
Virgin TV - Imagine having over 260 channels, 60 of those in glorious high definition. Virgin TV is bursting with your favourite shows, and there’s no need to have a dish! From much loved Sky channels to a wide array of movie and sports channels, you’ll love what Virgin TV has to offer.
Virgin Broadband - Virgin’s broadband offering really is super fast at speeds of up to 152mb. You can buy as part of a bundle or have it on its own, and there’s no need for a phone line either. Rated the UK’s number one, Virgin Broadband will more than satisfy the most demanding internet user.
Virgin Mobile - The UK’s first virtual mobile network, Virgin Mobile has a wide range of pay monthly and pay as you go plans to suit all types of mobile user. With plans allowing you to change your phone and tariff whenever you like and also boasting the UK’s best value unlimited SIM, Virgin Mobile is a great choice of mobile network.
Virgin Phone - If you love to talk, then Virgin Phone is perfect. With a variety of packages to suit all types of user, all of Virgin’s plans include calls to landlines, 0870 numbers and Virgin Mobile numbers, as well as free calls to their 118 180 directory enquiry service.
Why choose Virgin Media?
The UK’s fastest broadband. And it’s unlimited
- Virgin Media’s 152mb broadband is the fastest available in the UK. Even better, it’s unlimited too, which means you can download as many films, photos, files and music tracks as you like. No more worrying about caps or hidden charges.
Tivo - the future of TV, now
- Virgin’s Tivo box leaves Sky+ HD for dust. Like Sky, you can pause record and rewind live TV, but you can record three programmes whilst you watch a fourth. The Tivo box is intelligent too, and it will learn what you like and what you don’t, suggesting programmes that you’ll love. It also comes with a large amount of apps, so it’s easy to watch Netflix and Youtube on your TV.
Catch up TV
- With Virgin Media, you have access to a variety of catch-up TV services including ITV Net Player, BBC iPlayer and 4oD. You never need to miss your favourite show again.
TV on Demand
- with Virgin Media, you get instant access to thousands of TV shows and hundreds of films through their TV on Demand service. From children’s favourites through to top shows like Friends, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
Free breakdown coverage
- Unlike many other providers, if your TV set-top box breaks, Virgin will fix the box for free, even if you’re no longer covered by their warranty.
Award winning customer service
- Virgin Mobile’s customer service is second-to-none, having won the Mobile Choice ‘Best Customer Service’ award eight years running. In 2014, they were also voted ‘Best Value Network’.
How to use our Virgin Media promotional codes
- Select package(s) - Virgin have several packages you can choose from, or you can build your own if you wish.
- Enter postcode - You need to check if the package is available in your area. For most people this is a formality, but if the package you’ve chosen isn’t available, you’ll have to reconsider and look at other options.
- Select address - Select you address from the options presented, or enter it manually if it is not there.
- Review - Take a minute or two to check that you have ordered the package that you want over the period of time that you want. Also check your name and address details are correct.
- Enter your promotional code - Our Virgin Media code will ensure you get a fantastic discount.
- Enter personal details - Name, address etc.
- Choose phone number - Do you want to keep your current mobile number or do you want a new one?
- Enter your last three addresses
- Choose your password - It is usually recommended that you use a combination of upper and lower-case letters as well as numbers.
- Set up an installation date - You can also give any further information you think necessary.
- Set up your payment instructions - Once you've done this, simply review your order and if everything is correct, submit your order.
Once you've done this, it’s just a question of waiting until your box is installed!
How to contact Virgin Media
You can contact Virgin Media in a number of ways:
0345 454 1111
Bartley Wood Business Park